November 29, 2006

Scissor Sisters--Ta-Dah


My ear is tired of hearing about "I Don’t Feel Like Dancing," but was ever so eager to actually hear the song. Sadly, my ear was disappointed. The tune is highly catchy and pop-able, but frankly I don’t see why it deserves the incredible hype it has received—besides the fact that Sir Elton John provided the piano instrumental. However, that’s not to say the song is bad, it’s very well-written and I wouldn’t mind hearing it a few dozen times on the radio. It’s certainly the best off Ta-Dah, which in total falls a tad short of the Scissor Sisters incredible self-titled release in 2004. "I Can’t Decide" is another catchy pop song that feels like a less-excited version of "Dancing," as "Kiss You Off" is a dance-infused ‘80s rock love-child. Both represent the variety you can come to expect from the Sisters in their sophomore release. Ta-Dah may fall short of their debut, but the Scissor Sisters are still going strong. And although the hype may overextend the credibility of "I Don’t Feel Like Dancing," I’ll still walk down the street humming the tune tomorrow.

No comments: